Saturday, December 6, 2008

Where is my Mary Poppins?

You have all heard your mother say this to you when you were growing up, and some of you still might hear it from her time to time. Yet it is still painful to any child's ears.

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!

Yet this isn't coming from my sweet mother.. oh no.. this is coming from my new mother. My roommate Brinna. Its not like i am a complete slob, oh no, that is not me. Stilllllll... my side seems to always get messier than hers... (personally I think she keeps a pack of wild pigs under her bed and she lets them loose when I am not home, just to ravage my side and to make it "appear" more dirty.)

Oh well... cleaning checks are only 2 times a month...

(p.s)
So there are 4 floors of girls dorms in this hotel I call home.. and there are 2 vacuums for all of us. So basically it is a neverending scavenger hunt to find these suckers. (ha...literally). But when I need them... they are no where to be found. SERIOUSLY NO WHERE. Yet....


THEY BOTH ALWAYS SEEM TO FIND THEIR WAY RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY DOOR!

But this is the morning OF cleaning checks. So this means..i have to wake up EARLIER just to vacuum. And I can tell you this folks...waking up, and then hearing that horrible noise...doesn't make one's day...


Seriously.....I think the cosmos are against me...

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I think that is one thing of college I wasn't expecting and didn't know about. How impossible a vacuum is to find, especially on the day of clean checks and how territorial the laundry room is. They are all vultures in there I swear.

Unknown said...

Those vacuums look like they just got done with a date and are having awkward small talk!. . .I'm tired. . .*wanders away*

Heidi said...

As the mom I must say very loudly... clears throat...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA